Sunday, April 20, 2008

Nothing much

to post tonight, just popping in.
We went to the Vineyard Community Church today, and it was really nice. Different, but good. It's just such a big place it can be really overwhelming, but this is coming from someone who has never much liked changed. I think we need to go a few times to just get used to it and feel comfortable, but I do think it's a good change for us and could definitely see us meeting some new friends there. I really enjoyed the conversational style of the message, and a few points really hit home with me.
We just got done with a grocery store run that seemed to take forEVER, took back Alvin and the Chipmunks and now the kids are going to bed.
Tomorrow Derrick and I will get some time to ourselves as Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Larry are coming over. We have no idea what we're gonna do, but that's okay. It's just nice to get out!!! Hopefully we'll have good weather...I haven't even checked. So far the weekend seems to have been a rain out!
I think at this point I'd be happy just parking the car at a park somewhere and taking a nap! lol
Hope everyone has a good night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you for jumping - I mean LEAPING out of your comfort zone and trying the new church! I pray God will BOLDLY speak to your heart and lead you in the direction you should go!

ENJOY your date with your hubby tomorrow! The high is going to be 76* and the low will be 50* with clear to partly cloudy skies! Just call me your weather-girl Sis!

Have a great night!!!
Love,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Spring in Cincinnati....so beautiful. We NEED the rain here in Florida so enjoy the raindrops. I am very happy that Marilyn and Larry make the time to spend with the little ones and allow you and Derrick to 'get out'. A joy for all 6 of you! I can remember how I enjoyed my time 'away' but was always happy to get back.

I know what you mean about change, Allyson. I keep telling myself that change is hard but change is GOOD. My motto these last few months is to make a 'bucket list' of things to do and then take pride in crossing them off.

First thing I did was 'modeling' in front of 100 people or so...definitely out of my comfort zone! (the main reason I did it was because a good friend of mine asked me to do so as a favor for her).

My next adventure is taking golf lessons, then kayaking with a friend that promises me I will not tip over! (me the one that does not even like the chlorinated pool is going to get in the GULF OF MEXICO...yep... sometime in June.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you guys went to the new church! I know exactly what you mean about going a few times before you get used to it and feel comfortable; I felt the same way about our "new" church. We've been going for almost a year now and I have come to think of it as our church home, and the people our church family, a connection that was missing at our old church.
I hope you're enjoying your day with Derrick and the nice weather!

TTYL,
Anita