Monday, April 21, 2008

Another day of perfect weather!

It's just so beautiful!!!
I had a very productive weekend. Got some closets cleaned out and organized (I just wish I could find a neat way to keep our shoes since we ahve a small closet!!)and got some things together for a Goodwill trip...which I really will make one day.
Derrick was able to get some yard work done, and we planted some grass seed today. I hope it starts to grow soon-we had so many dandelions this year and lots of bare patches in the yard. Now that I'm outside with the kids so much I really notice all the outdoor things I didn't pay much attention to before, and Derrick's "honey-do list" is growing each day! lol
The kids had a great time with Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Larry today and Derrick and I really enjoyed our time away. It's the perfect time of year to get out and about alone!!
And a huge accomplishment for me? This morning I was feeling like I really needed that time with Derrick so he could once again reassure me and tell me everything was going to be okay. It's a role I've come to depend on him for, and it isn't fair...to either of us. Today as soon as I had that thought, I immediately had another thought (placed there by God, I'm sure), that I don't need Derrick, or anyone, to reassure me things are going to be okay. I KNOW they will be okay. I may not know HOW things are going to work out, but that's okay now. I've become comfortable with the fact that I don't have to know every detail of how/when/why. I can just have faith that things WILL work out. And what a blessing that is! (And a huge relief for Derrick, I'm sure).
Our time together today was so much more enjoyable without having to have serious conversations about what if's. I was totally able to just enjoy our time together and the awesome weather and leave all the other "stuff" alone for a while.
It's the end to another very fast weekend, and I'm wishing I didn't have to go back to work tomorrow. I hate being stuck inside this time of year. Join the crowd, right??!
Have a good night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! God bless you and your family and pray that you contnue to keep the peace and happiness you now share! It is a true joy!

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Keep hanging in there! It is sooo difficult to turn things over to God. Yet, we know He knows the "how" of things. A lifetime waiting for patience and still counting!
We had a great time also. So great to be outside with the kids. Larry and Myles threw the ball around and played soccer. Gina and I went for walks (and rides for her). We played in the leaves and just delighted in being outside and alive! I will forever treasure seeing Myles standing in the driveway waving good-bye to us!

Anonymous said...

I know, I enjoyed watching him too. He wouldn't come in until he coudln't see you car anymore. He just kept saying "bye. love you. bye".
I'm so glad that they are getting used to this routine and everyone is enjoying it so much!