We all had a good day today. It's the first time in a long time Derrick is off on vacation. He stayed home with the kids yesterday and got to sleep in today. I guess it's good timing (or...hmm..maybe planning?) that he's off during the basketball playoffs. I decided to let him have a restful day today and since the kids and I were all antsy to get out of the house, it worked out. We first went up to Cincinnati Mills with the last minute idea of watching Alvin and the Chipmunks. We got some snacks and headed down to the theatre (yes, we were gonna sneak them in!!), but the next showing didn't start for an hour. So instead we went to Bass Pro shops to see the fish. Myles gave me a lesson...when did he learn about fish?? But he knew all about the sword fish and something else I can't even remember now. He's really gonna have to go fishing here one day soon!!!! He loves his fishing pole and watching fish...can you imagine if he actually caught one?
We then came home and ate some lunch and Myles and I ended up falling asleep while Gina took her nap. We then walked down to the school's playground and let them both slide, climb and run for a while. After that we grabbed a quick dinner and went to rent Alvin and the Chipmunks instead.
Now he's watching that and I'm gonna go enjoy the rest of the evening with Derrick.
Tomorrow we're going to go to the Vineyard for the first time, and I'm really excited about it. I think it'll be a great new church home for us.
Hope you all have a good night!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We LOVED Alvin and the Chipmunks! Maybe we can all watch it together at Christmas time next year? It was so cute!
Have a good time at church in the morning! Let us know what you think of it.
We are headed to the Reds' Game tomorrow and will be doing church at home... :)
Have a great night!!!!
Love you,
Kim
Alvin and the Chipmunks! I remember Alvin and the Chimpmunks (and Theodore)? Guess some things never go away?
I have heard wonderful things about the Vineyard. I sincerely hope you all find a 'warm' connection there.
Have a great day!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment