And I'm joining in and turning over a new leaf. I've had a spiritual awakening the last couple of weeks, and I feel so much better...so much more relaxed and positive!
In fact, I've received two emails from friends this week telling me how happy I seem and how it's so good to see me this way. It's so nice to hear that, but also makes me sad that I must have seemed so "down" before that. You all know me well enough to know I wear my emotions on my sleeve, so I guess it's pretty obvious to everyone around me when I'm not feeling myself. You know what?? It's totally draining and exhausting to worry so much. Seriously!!!
Derrick is not feeling well today, so we didn't get to have what has quickly become our "family time" outside for long today (although Myles somehow talked him into taking him to UDF), but it was still fun to be outside. Myles loves playing basketball and Gina just loves being outside. When we came home from Cindy's today Gina literally refused to go inside. She just sat down on the path to the door and wouldn't budge.
We then all came inside and gave the kids a bath. This was Gina's second bath in the tub with no bath ring. There's no going back now (unfortunately). She LOVES sitting in the water by herself and even keeps putting her face in. The problem? She keeps standing up. I tell her firmly to sit down and she just smiles and blows a kiss. That girl is a mess. She wasn't real happy when she did it again and just laughed and mama took her out of that tub and got her jammies on. A wet 18 month old is a slippery little thing!!! And how do they get so strong? Is she lifting weights in her crib after I put her down??
Tonight she was probably secretly practicing her grin and giggle to use against daddy tomorrow as he's staying home with the kids. Fortunately Myles is at an age where he can keep no secrets, so I know I'll hear about all of the "goings on". lol Just like I get to hear about all of the interesting things that happen at Cindy's house...well, at least the things that everyone ELSE does. He's not silly enough to tell on himself.
In fact this morning he told me that Brooke and Lydia got into Cindy's bathroom cabinet and dumped out all of those 'things that go in your ear' and made a big huge mess. Then he said that Cindy put cream in her mouth, but I couldn't get him to expand on that. Out of curiousity I had to ask. Yes, apparently Brooke and Lydia did in fact dump out a 650 count box of Q-tips all over the bathroom floor. And the cream? Cindy had to think and then started lauging and admitted then in a moment she thought no one was looking she indulged in a mouth full of whipped cream straight from the can. lol We should have known nothing gets past Myles (especially when there's sweets involved). He's better than a nanny cam. Tonight he cuddled up wtih me in the chair and asked me to put my arms around him. In about 30 seconds I looked down and he was sleeping. I just let him sleep in my lap for a while, as the chances to hold him are pretty rare now. What a good feeling it is to cuddle up with him and watch him sleep. As I carried him to his room (which is no small feat by the way) I thought about all of the times that I'd fall asleep with my dad at night and wake up in the morning and ask "how did I get in my bed last night"? It's amazing how fast time goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats on the new YOU!
Hey Ally!
Love the new blog look... VERY spring-like!
What great news. I'd love to catch up and hear all the great stuff God is stirring in your heart. And, what all you've been doing as a result!
I'm looking forward to the book we're about to read too... I think it will have so much for us as we continue on this journey of faith.
Good for you! Have a great weekend!!!
Post a Comment