Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A good day.

Had a good, fast, productive day at work today. Came home and quickly ate dinner so we could go play outside. I took a walk around the block with both kids...yes, Gina actually walked the whole thing!!...while Derrick stayed home and got some yard work done.
The kids were so cute...Myles took a basketball with him and dribbled it around the block; Gina kept stopping to pick up sticks, rocks, and everything else she could, and occassionally just choosing to sit down. At one point, she must have been especially happy as she just stopped walking and started dancing and clapping. lol
It feels good to be outside in the warm weather. Everyone is outside...cutting the grass, planting flowers, etc. The signs of spring!!
It makes me excited as I think about everything I want to do....get the garden dug up and replanted, paint the deck, the garage cleaned out, and maybe even sometime over the next couple of months remove the wallpaper in the bathroom and kitchen and repaint. We'll see about that one...removing wallpaper is no fun!!
Now Gina is in her crib listening to her lullabible CD and talking to herself. Myles is curled up on the couch fighting sleep. Derrick is still cleaning the garage (where does all that STUFF in there come from, anyway??!!).
I've been stayng up late the last few nights and I'm tired. It's hard to go to sleep when it stays light out for so long! I just had to watch the Biggest Loser Finale last night, and I'm so glad Ali won. I was rooting for her from the beginning. Tonight I plan on having a relaxing rest of the night and catching up on some sleep!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you not LOVE this weather! This makes the freezing winters so worth it (and truth be told I LOVE seasons... just get tired of winter by March)!

I can just picture you out walking together. Love that your neighborhood is so mature (not like our cornfield).... What a blessing of time you gave Myles and Gina tonight.

Okay, so I was so happy for Biggest Loser's winner... But, I'm glad the show is over bc for some reason it ALWAYS caused me to EAT. Last night I ate 2 cupcakes while I watched it!!!!

Have a great night of restful sleep!!!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

I, too, love the change of seasons! Spring is my favorite although JUNE is my favorite month in Cincinnati.

We here in Florida are going into the "hot, humid and buggy" time of year. Dad does not mind it but I do. It also will be the start of hurricane season which is very frightening for me but I cannot "control" that...where have I heard that word before? I will just have to have faith that we will be safe and okay. I can envision Myles and Gina walking around the block. You just need Smudge and Shiloh tagging along! I guess the 'cleaning and organizing bug' has gotten to a lot of us! Me too! I am glad that Ali 'won' too. I envision her having her own TV show. She is so personable!