Up until tonight it was Skylight 1: Lawary's 0. I think we're gonna come out ahead though. Derrick was finally able to get up on the roof today (what excitement with Max barking and Gina squealing), and I think the cause of the indoor raining is relatively simple. The weather stripping around the outside of the screen had stripped away, leaving just a small enough space for water to drip in. So Derrick has gone to the store in hopes of finding some weather stripping to replace it, and our problem *should* be solved. Yay! It'd be nice if it was so simple!!!
***A lot of thoughts and lessons from life came together for me today. I've realized how strong I've become, how much I can handle, and to become at least a little bit more of a go-with-the-flow kind of person. Crazy, huh? I think as a control freak when you feel like you're losing control, you...well, freak. But several things have come together for me this week to teach me that *I* am not in control. And the more I fight that the more out of control I'll feel.
I'm learning to be comfortable with where I am at this stage of my life, and REALLY realizing what's important. I've lived so much of my life worrying, wondering, and controlling I've limited my happiness and caused myself a lot of undo stress. I'm learning that you can be depressed and mopy all you want, but it's not gonna get you anywhere but tired and drained. While it's good to take a couple of days to be true to your feelings, eventually you have to CHOOSE to be happy and not let your life control YOU. YOU have to control your life...and when things seem out of control just realize you can only do so much and then the rest just has to be turned over to God.
I've also learned that just as God gives us all unique spiritual gifts, he also has a unique purpose for each of our lives. And instead of spending my entire life trying to plan the next phase, I need to enjoy where I am NOW. And while that may not be exactly where *I* would always choose to be, as long as you're working hard and building a relationship with God, you'll get where you need to be. Life isn't about attaining as much money, possessions, or status as you can, nor is it about climing the career ladder.
Mainly I've learned that close supportive friends and family are truly invaluable. It doesn't matter what you have in life if you don't have the love and comfort that those relationships bring you.
I feel so fortunate to have all of you in my life. My friends and family really are all I need to be happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ally,
You have learned a lot of lessons that it took me much longer to learn! Good for you! Glad things are looking up for you and hopefully it will continue!
I agree 'when push comes to shove' it is not about material 'stuff...it IS about family and friends!(and God too of course).
As you know I have had family members and friends reappear in my life lately and it has been wonderful reconnecting!
Take care and hang in there!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment