Hello Sunshine!! I've missed you!!!
Today we probably didn't take full advantage of the weather, but we did walk down to the park at Welch Elementary. The kids both had a good time, and Gina is really starting to enjoy going to play as well. She loves to swing, and climbs up steps, loves to slide. It's so cute. Myles is also getting braver and attempting new things. If I was a good blogger I'd have pictures here to show you all (I did get some cute ones), but since my computer is not of this century, I can't do that here.
I was just so glad to be able to get outside and see other people out playing with their kids, walking their dogs, etc. It was nice to be able to sit outside in the warm sunshine for a while just enjoying the kids playing!
We had actually gone to Harbon park yesterday in an early attempt to get out, but came home covered in mud. Yuck.
Tomorrow Stacey and I plan on meeting up after our failed attempt last week. We don't know what we're gonna do, but it doesn't matter. We've become quite close in a short amount of time, and just look forward to spending time together before she has to move to Washington DC in a couple of weeks.
I am planning on canceling Myles therapy appt at least for tomorrow, and maybe for good. I'm thinking about going next week just to have some "closure" to the process, but then we'll probably stop. Now that the warm weather is here we will be able to get outside to parks more and hopefully keep having "sensory input" and a lot of chances to socialize that way.
Derrick will be looking for a new job, and we're also looking at second jobs. Most likely for him, since anything I'd do would have to be from home to avoid daycare costs, so hopefully he'll have a new job (or two) here soon. Please keep your fingers toes and legs crossed for us that he finds something he loves and provides us both with a greater sense of contentment and security. I'm actually relatively calm about the process as I do feel after some soul searching that this is what we need to do, and if God agrees, it'll work out and fall into place. And if not, we'll just have to look at other alternatives.
Now we're off to get the kids a bath and maybe enjoy some movies I got from the library a couple weeks ago and totally forgot about. We have the windows and skylights open and are enjoying the fresh air and warm breeze.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't wait to see you tomorrow!!! I miss you!!! I'm not looking out my window no matter what!! Nothing's stopping us this week! LOVE YA!!!!
Sunny weather in Cincinnati! I can remember how I loved springtime when I lived there!
You and Stacey (and the children) have a great time today!
I wish Derrick the best with his job hunting. Remember 'they'...whoever "they" are say everything happens for a reason?
Maybe this will give Derrick the opportunity (eventually) to spend a bit more time at home. I will keep my fingers (and toes crossed) that after the job(s) is/are secured things will settle down?
You and my family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Miss you all. Give the children a hug and kiss for us.
Post a Comment