Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A cute story

I have to share something positive or you all are going to run away screaming after reading my depressing blog day after day. lol
This morning I got to see Gina in all of her girly glory. As we got to Cindy's house she immediately wanted down. (Kind of nice coming from an overly attached mama's girl, but a little strange too).
The three bigger kids (Cheyenne and Sierra-Cindy's girls-and Myles) sat at the top step. Gina crawled up the steps (quickly I might add) as they all cheered her on. When she got to the top she turned around, sat down, and looked at Cindy and I with the biggest smile on her face like she was just so proud of herself and started clapping. And the three bigger kids clapped for her too.
Then, like the attention lover she is, she wanted to be put at the bottom of the steps to do it all over again...and again.
Since we don't really have any steps in our house, I don't get to see her do that too often. She has grown and changed so much the last couple of months and learned to do so many new things! It made me smile to see her mastering a new skill and to see her just eating up all of the attention she was getting.
Cindy said she follows the bigger kids around all day long. Probably bossing them around, but she didn't say that. lol

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a cutie! I think I know the smile you are talking about! It could melt the heart of a snowman! We totally understood the meltdown Myles had when you came home Mon. I think both kids were exhausted. Altho I was able to have "quiet time" with them, they never went to sleep.
Join the group of "Why me, Lord" people. Larry and I often wonder why, at our age and with our education and abilities, we still struggle so much. We have dedicated our lives to God's service and yet have never really gotten ahead of the game as far as worldly success or finances. I think we have learned to turn these feeelings over to God when we can, but I don't always do well with that. We are SO BLESSED in the things that really matter. I am learning to refuse to let Satan use me and my feelings to feel unsuccessful or guilty. My Beth Moore Bible study has helped immensely with this. Does misery love company or do we need to lift one another up?!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that smile the best? I just love that.
Thank you for being so understanding about the kids. Once he got some rest he did feel bad and actually asked if you'd come back now. I think he was afraid you guys would be mad. He can be so sensitive.
Your other comments really hit home. I think you hit the nail on the head with feeling unsecessful, guilty, and for me even a sense of embarassment that we don't have/can't do what others can do. But I also know there are SO many others out there just like us and others that would give anything to be in our situation and have the things we have.
This is just a different world now, and my biggest struggle really is to not worry about others...what they have or what they think...and to just enjoy what I do have.
When I leaned down this morning in front of Gina to zip her coat up and we were eye to eye, she leaned forward and gave me a big kiss, complete with sound effect, and it just melted away my hurt.
Tell me more about the bible study. It sounds like something I could get into.
Thanks for your kind words.

Anonymous said...

Please amke it clear to Myles that we love him. Sometimes his behavior is not what he wants it to be, but that has nothing to do with our love.
I find if I don't take my Zoloft as I should I really get into the "poor little me" mode big time. We have so much moe than most people in the US and certainly around the world, but sometimes that doesn't help my mood. I get very tired of feeling like the "poor relations."
This coming Tues. is the last week of my Bible study called "When Godly Poeple do Ungodly Things." It has helped me so much to know that no matter how "godly" I am I still have the same, if not stronger, temptations as other people. One thing Beth said on a tape has really stuck with me. "If we do not allow God to diffuse our feelings (especialy about the past) then Satan will use them."

Anonymous said...

That last comment hit home with me too. So how do we let God diffuse our feelings...just pray? I think we have a lot in common in many ways, but especially our thinking patterns. I too need my zoloft and ativan. :)

Anonymous said...

Beth would say you have to open all of yourself to God. She says, and I quite agree that our minds are the last thing we surrender to God. She would also say to find a prayer partner that you can be honest with and share all of who you are without fear. She is also big on having a small support group. That is how we diffuse feelings we air them out and let God have a go at them.