Thursday, April 24, 2008

A blessed day

Today I received a huge blessing. I got a Study Bible and Daily Devotional. I'm excited about digging in! That actually seems somewhat strange for me to say. While I liked to think I was a good Christian, I didn't really have an interest in reading the Bible until now.

I had a rough night last night and got hardly any sleep because of it. I had one of those "thinking nights" where I couldn't turn my brain off long enough to go to sleep. I woke up feeling tired, worried and drained. So to have received this gift meant so much, and came at such an awesome time for me.

I really feel my heart opening and being changed. It would be easy to question why it seems like I have to keep going through struggles to bring me closer to God, but I also realize that I would not be learning or growing nearly as much as I am without them.
I'm hoping that as I continue to learn I won't continue to need such strong "wake up calls" from God and that I'll begin to hear him when he's whispering to me--not waiting for the loud shouts to get my attention.
We've been down a rocky road lately, but I hope the adventure of traveling it brings us to a better, brighter future.
It's so interesting to me that so many things have happened and come together the way they have the last month or so. I'm sure it's just the start of a long, but worth while journey.

Ally

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love watching this special time in your life unfold. I love how you clearly now feel the hand of God on your life. He loves you like crazy and must be smiling so bright right now!

You are so awesome! And, I'm so excited for you to all the blessings He has in store.

Love you,
Kim

Anonymous said...

I think God keeps showing Himself to us all throughout our lives, but we don't always see or feel Him calling to us. I am so pleased He has opened your eyes and ears-you will be so blessed.
Yes, live in the present-a goal I have been after all my life. I am so happy when I make it!
You are so awesome!
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Whew...I wish I would have been able to learn the things you have learned these last few weeks at a younger age like you! We are learning constantly (even at my age). I, too, fall in the 'worrying' stage frequently and just try to 'ask my guardian angel to help me'. She takes very good care of me. I know you have someone looking after you, too! I agree with Marilyn, we need to set goals and keep our eyes, ears and hearts open. You are the best! Remember that!

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

"So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”
Deuteronomy 31:5-7 NLT

"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
Matthew 17:19-21

I was laying in bed with Quentin, sitting quietly with him... and these verses came to mind. I wanted to share them with you. Be blessed.

Good Night!
In love,
Kim