Monday, March 31, 2008

Well, we had high hopes

Derrick realized yesterday that the skylight wasn't closed all the way. D'oh! So, we both naturally assumed that was what was causing the dripping and everything would (should/could/please) be fine. We made it through an entire night of rain with not one drip.
Then came this morning, and it started. Seriously?! So, realizing in about 2 seconds that I can't just put a bucket on the floor to catch the drips with Ms. Into Everything around, I got inventive. Not sure if it was smart or really dumb, but we'll see I guess. I taped a washcloth to the inside of the skylight to keep it from dripping. That's really attractive!
So Derrick thought he might be out of having to go onto the highest part of the roof, but not now. And how much ths is going to cost and how we'll pay for it are beyond me, but I'm trying not to let it ruin my day in the mean time. I'm trying to CHOOSE to be happy, even when it's hard.
So now we're off to take the Malibu to the dealership. Something is wrong with it. It shakes when we apply the breaks. I've called the salesman who thinks it might be the rotors. Although before we bought it (just weeks ago) he assured us they were fine. So I asked him in a pointed way if this was something we were going to have to pay for. He said he'd check and call us back.
Didn't hear from him.
So I called him back. He said he and the sales manager had been out he'd go check and call me back in 30 minutes. That was on Wednesday.
So I'm prepared to go in today, kids on hip, and cause a scene in the showroom. I hate the lack of customer service after someone has sold you something. (Sound familiar...dad??!!) He did tell us that he would let us borrow the car he was driving today, but we'll see if he remembers. I'm sure they'll figure something out before they let the three of us sit there too long. lol
So please cross your fingers that they are able to (quickly) fix whatever is wrong without costing us anything, and without me having to make a scene.
Then we're off to Myles' Occupational Therapy visit. We'll probably just do that for another month, maybe two. He really likes Megan and has a good time, but we have to weigh out what it's costing vs the benefit he's getting. Once the warm weather comes and actually STAYS we can do a lot of similar stuff by just going to visit parks/playgrounds.
And then finally I get to meet Stacey and her boys today. I'm really looking forward to that, especially since I'll be alone!!! Monday's have always been a good day, but since Marilyn and Larry have so generously offered to come over for a few hours on Mondays to watch the kids and give me/us some time alone it's even better. I already have big plans to go to the store by myself and get my hair cut before I meet Stacey. I'm so excited about that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ally, you must feel so beaten down right now. Feeling like every time you try to get your head above water, something pushes you back down.

I'm so sorry these things keep coming at you.

Know that you are an amazing woman. You have a beautiful heart. You are beautiful. You are a wonderful wife, an awesome Mommy, a fantastic daughter, a super sister and a great friend!

And, never forget that you are a beloved princess of the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. You are His beautiful daughter whom He created. He loves you so very much. He is with you ALWAYS and holding onto you. (You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart. Jeremiah 29:13)

You are on my heart today. I love you. And, I'm praying for today to get better... for solutions to the problems & for a wonderful time with your sweet friend!!!

With love,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Ally I am so very sorry for how today turned out. I just couldn't turn my back on them...I've been there needing help so many times before and it was my turn to be the one to help. You are so sweet to be so understanding!!! I promise I'll make it up to you! We will be down there on Monday no matter what!

Anonymous said...

Ally,

Please tell Stacy that her friends are in our thoughts and prayers. I agree with Kim...you are the best.

I,too, will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Mom