Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday's updates

Today is a day that seems to have gone really fast now that it's almost over, but was pretty stressful.
So we got the car fixed, at no cost, although I did have to do a little "haggling" which is hard for me. But in the end, they replaced the rotars and brake pads...considering I've only put 1000 miles on the car, I don't really consider that any type of "favor" by the dealership, but they sure did make it seem like one.
Myles had a good appt with Megan, and continued to try new things and do things that surprised us all. After that appt we got to go pick up our "blue car" as Myles said, run a couple of erronds, and we ended up pulling in the driveway at the same time as Marilyn and Larry.
Unfortunately, one of Stacey's neighbors had an emergency and Stacey ended up watching her kids today, so she wasn't able to make it down to Cincinnati. Please keep Stacey's neighbor in your thoughts. She passed out in her home, and her 7 year old had to dial 911. And to make it worse, her husband is deployed out of the country.
It was probably for the better though that we had to post pone our get together as I probably wouldn't have been much fun today. I did end up getting my hair cut though and made a Target run. That time alone is so awesome, and each week I think of new things I could be doing with it! There are so many things (well...pretty much everything) that are just easier to do without kids! And while Derrick is always more than willing to watch the kids so I can have some time alone, it's also nice to have a few hours of time carved out each week that I know I'll be free, and won't have to plan around anyone else's schedule.
So now the kids are asleep, and I'm just exhausted. I think more mentally than physically.
Kim, you hit the nail on the head in your response from earlier. I am feeling a little beat down and like I'm drowing at times. I find myself asking "what have I ever done?? I'm just trying to be a good person and get through life". I do end up feeling a little down and sorry for myself, and that's why this has been such an awesome experience. I love reading all of the responses and getting the encouragement and a different perspective on things. I do know logically that things could always be worse, and that really they aren't that bad. But sometimes it feels like we have the weight of the world balancing on our shoulders, and that's where my growing relationship with God comes in.
Now I'm trying to decide if I should collapse into bed like I feel like or if I should go enjoy some more peace and quiet. lol
Marilyn...good luck tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you. And Myles said to tell you and Larry that he's sorry and he wants you to come back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ally, thanks for sharing your journal with all of us!

Tim and I have recently discussed this feeling of being beaten down and unable to get ahead in this game of life. I think it's normal and we all go through periods where everything seems to go wrong.

But, what I netted out of our talk was.... What fills me up? What brings me joy and peace?

People will disappoint you, jobs will frazzle you, life will try you. And, so when that happens, how can there be joy and peace? How can we get our heads above water?

I know you will work through this in the way that you feel led. I can share with you that it's a daily choice for me. And, as I've made different choices, I can chart the good ones and bad ones.

Only recently have I realized that God wants me to seek Him to fill my cup. And, He will do that when I choose to seek Him. For me, that happens when I choose to wake at 5 (before anyone else) and head downstairs for quiet time with Him. To get filled by Him for the day. To then walk with Him all day. And, when I do.... Life's punches don't rob me.

I'm praying for you tonight to feel led as to how to get your head above water.... and to be filled with the fruit of the spirit ~~~ love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness and self-control.

Love you,
Kim

Anonymous said...

As I was reading Quentin's class newsletter ~ I wanted to share his memory verse for the week with you... "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." (Revelation 3:20) Be Blessed!

Anonymous said...

I agree....no matter how old 'one' gets I think we all have challenges. I keep telling myself that they are 'character builders'. Somehow I think I have enough character after all of these years?

Anonymous said...

Ally I'm so glad that you got them to replace that stuff at no cost to you! Darn well they should have too! Don't you love how they try to make you feel guilty for doing something they should feel OBLIGATED to do??!! Insane!!

And thank you so much for keeping Renee in prayers! She is doing much better and is at home with her kids (thankfully!!!), and hopefully the medicine they gave her will kick in soon.

Hang in there girl...you are doing a great job with the kiddos. Sometimes I think all this life is about is doing the best we can with all the messes and chaos we endure, and then we will get all the rest we need when we die. lol I don't REALLY feel that way, but seriously it seems like it's just waaay too much to handle. We'll survive...Just keep dogpaddling with me... :)