Friday, March 28, 2008

Quick update

Well, we're back from the doctor and had a great visit. Dr. Joe has been a godsend through this process. He is very anti-medicine unless it's definitely necessary, and I agree with him.
He explained the sleep cycles and how long each one lasts, and suggested that Derrick wake him up each night between midnight and 1am to disrupt his sleep cycle and hopefully skip the REM, or dream stage. He said to give it a couple of weeks.
He also said dreaming is very common in kids at this age, but does feel Myles has a generalized anxiety disorder. (The apple doesn't fall far from the tree).
So we came up with a game plan together, and we'll all continue to wait and see how things progress.

He thought Gina was hillarious. (no surprise there). She showed everyone all her skills and kept us on our toes.

So now we're just settling in for a (hopefully) relaxing evening and an UNEVENTFUL weekend. We don't need any more surprises!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it went well!!! I hope his advice helps to turn things around for him!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your help with this!
I'll call you sometime soon ...I asked him about the medicine you had suggested, and I wanted to give you his thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I, too, am glad Dr. Joe was encouraging and helpful.

Keep me/us posted.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ally,

Love your blog! Fun way to keep us all connected on day-to-day life!

Lauren has battled nightmares for close to a year. I didn't know you were suffering the same lack of sleep at your household. Nothing like waking to your child's blood-curdling screams! (And, you aren't even a coffee drinker! How do you do it?) I never thought to take her to the doctor.... You are so on top of issues! Thanks for sharing this. I will be praying for Myles to be free from the nightmares and for you all to get good sleep.

Thanks again for the blog! I love it and am SO impressed by the design!!! Go Ally!

Anonymous said...

I was unaware that this was a problem. I am glad you got some practical advice from Dr. Joe.
We just had a new roof put on and so I hope we don't encounter the same problems you are having. And, it is supposed to rain after today, again!
I love these blogs! They are so much fun to read!

Anonymous said...

I know, Marilyn. I'm scared of the impending rain. For now Derrick will be putting up a tarp to keep any more water from coming in until we can get someone out to take a look at it and see what's going on. Just the thought of that is enough to give ME nightmares.