Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday March 28th

TGIF-
After a long week (and month) with lots of ups and downs, we are glad to have another weekend approaching.
Yesterday morning we woke up to water all over the floor from a leaky skylight and Myles asking "who made such a mess"? It was about enough to put me over the edge after an already long and frustrating week with lots of other expenses.
Daddy will be making a trip onto the roof to put down a tarp until all of this rain stops, and then hopefully be able to seal the problem.

Mr. Myles also will be going to the doctor this afternoon for a visit with Dr. Joe regarding his anxiety and all of the bad dreams it's causing. He rarely is able to make it through the night without some type of nightmare. We'll see what Dr. Joe has to say.

In the mean time, we're all looking forward to the start of spring with some sunshine and warm weather!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ally I'm so happy that you started this!!! Not only is it theraputic, but now we can really keep up with each other!!!! I love you girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am SO sorry to hear of everything that has been happening to you! I wish I had the answers and could help more. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Poor Myles..he is such a sweetie, I hate to see him suffer so. They say we are not given more than we can handle but I agree you all have had a lot of not so good things happen.

Love,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Yes, Stacey, I agree! It'll be great, especially after you move, to keep in touch.

Thanks, mom. This is definitely a time of testing I think. I almost want to say what else could go wrong, but I'm scared to utter the words.

Well, I better head out to get to the doctor. Hopefully he'll have some sound advice for us.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ally,

I am so sorry to hear about this! Your heart must've sunk when you found the damage. And, that after a sleepless night. I'm sorry.

Tell Derrick to be careful... I'm never a big fan of our unexperienced husbands attempting something like walking on the roof! :)

Love you,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Derrick himself isn't a fan either. He's never thrilled to have to go up there, and I just stay outside the whole time just in case. Not so sure what I'm gonna do if something happens, but at least I'd be aware of it and he wouldn't be alone.