Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How do we stop this thing?

How is it possible time keeps passing so quickly? Each time I think I'm doing better at keeping up with the blog, I realize a couple of weeks have past since the last entry.
We've had a good few weeks. Mom came into town for a great visit. We always enjoy seeing her, and love when she gets one on one time with the kids. They love her so much and since she doesn't live locally, time with her is that much more valuable and special! Myles was just heartbroken when she left and cried for quite a while.

Myles has also started wtih AWANA'S. Does anyone else out there do this? All of the local churches around here participating are Baptist, and although we are not Baptist, I think it's a great program. Tongiht we are going to try a different location though. I think it's sort of like church hunting...you just have to find the right fit.

Myles is also looking forward to starting Upward Basketball the end of November. Although he's already worried that everyone will be better than him. My boy...a worrier he is.

Gina is changing so quickly these days. She's talking so much more than she did and just developing such a cute personality. She's become her own little person! She will be 3 on Friday. I can't believe it. She LOVES pestering her brother. The latest is to stand right in front of the TV and when he asks her to "move", she sways back and forth from side to side. She's got the little sister roll down pat.

The weather here is changing, and it's becoming Fall quickly. Very cold mornings, but a little warmer afternoons. We have to change our morning routine to allow time for socks, and jackets, warming up the car, etc.

That's about it around here! Life has been busy, but good!

2 comments:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

We are doing AWANA for the first time too! My kids just love it.

Kelli said...

I did AWANA when I was little and I loved it. It is a great program and keeps the kids in the Word on their level. We don't do it now because it's late for Jamison. It is getting cold. This morning at the bus stop was rather chilly!