Monday, September 14, 2009

Waiting to Exhale

Sunday Derrick and I went out to eat. As he finished getting ready (who says girls take longer?!!) I told him I'd get the kids in the car. After I did that I sat in the car with my door opened and took in the beautiful evening. It was perfect weather...not too hot, and the sun was shining.

As I did that, a thought hit me. There is nothing in my life to worry about right now.

Seems strange, I know, but I am a champion worrier. If it was sport, I could win a gold medal.

But for now...things are great.

And the greatest part of it all, is that things are not ideal. (Will they ever be? I doubt it!). Yet I can still appreciate where we are, where we've been, and have learned to be truly at peace with the past, the present and the future.

It sort of weird how that feels...I think I always have SOMEthing I can stress out about. Contentment. Peace. Grattitude. Strength. Faith. And the best part--the knowledge that things won't always stay 'easy', but I'll always be able to adapt and perservere....and I'll never be alone.


Ahhh....to exhale. It's a good thing.

4 comments:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh that is such a nice place to be in...

Kelli said...

I'm so glad! Exhaling is great.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

what a nice feeling - to be content.

Stacey Cannon said...

That is awesome!!! I'm so glad you are at peace and can "be still". What a blessing that is!