As I mentioned earlier, I was doing the Couch to 5K running program. I hoped to be able to run a full 5K at the end of September for a worthwhile local race.
I got to week 4 and was feeling pain in my knees. It hurt in the same spot--the inside of my knee--on both legs, so I figured it couldn't be an injury. Must just be start up pains.
After a couple weeks of it getting worse and bothering me during other activities, I went to the doctor. Turns out I have a meniscus injury. Which is funny, because I consider that a somewhat "real" injury and I don't even have a good story to go with it. lol I was just doing the COUCH to 5K and got injured.
I was trying to prove to myself that all these years I've been telling myself I'm not cut out for running I was wrong. That I could do this.
Maybe not.
So, now I'm limited to the stationary bike and eliptical machine for a month. Which wouldn't be so bad, except for we don't even have a stationary bike at the clubhouse...just an eliptical. In a tiny, boring, quiet room.
I miss being outside.
The doctor told me he wants me to lose about 10 pounds before I run again. It's a shame when you're too out of shape to even do a begginers running program. Sheesh. But, I'll take it as a challenge so I can lose some weight and then start over.
I really want to prove that I could do this. So I'm thinking this spring will be a great time to start over.
Since we all know I won't actually run outdoors in the freezing weather, snow and ice.
No reason to get carried away or anything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You CAN do it. I plan on starting to walk this week.
Awww I'm sorry! At least if this HAD to happen it happened at the end of summer...not like the end of winter... Hang in there... :(
Oh man... that's just crazy!! You can do it though... go girl!!
That stinks, I'm sorry. Just an idea - check your shoes. Whenever my feet/knees/whatever start hurting, I've worn out my shoes.
Post a Comment