Sunday, August 30, 2009

A milestone weekend

This will be my last weekend without having a child in school! My baby starts school on Thursday. He's so excited! At this point I'm excited for him too! I'm faced with more disbelief at how fast the last 5.5 years have gone than I am with sadness. At least at this point. We'll see how I do after we drop him off. :)

I know this means life will probably only start to go faster and faster now, so I'm doing my best to stay in the moment and enjoy this time with him. It's a big transition for both of us, but I can't wait to see how he does and what he thinks of it all.

Please keep us in your prayers as we start this new phase of our lives!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

This is the start of all of the fun and all of the activities. New friends, new adventures. It will be a great time!

Stacey Cannon said...

This is a whole new road for us...we start next Tuesday, and I'm not sure if he's more excited or I am lol.

He did ask me...Hey mom, remember my friend Myles from Alabama? And I said, Eli, that was Ohio...he said, yeah, okay. We'll he's still my friend even though I don't get to see him. And I about cried!!! The boy has his moments!! ;)