Myles turned 5...and a HALF on Saturday. I was actually sick on his real birthday in January and we had to cancel his party.
Call it mommy guilt, or the fact I realized I had not pictures of him "turning 5", or maybe just chalk it up to the fact I love birthdays, but I decided to celebrate it.
We didn't do anything major...just took him to the store and let him pick out a small present for himself and something for his sister. (Cause what's better than getting gifts on someone ELSE'S birthday??), got him a small cake and just generally tried to make his day special.
Regardless, he loved it and told everyone all day that he was 5 and a half now....which in kid years is the same as "almost a grown up". According to him anyway.
I also realized this weekend that Gina is exactly the same age that Myles was when we had her. Probably one of those weird things that only moms think about, but it's a crazy thought to me. I can't believe that much time has passed!
So, next time you see Myles...don't forget the "half"...it's all the difference between baby and almost a grown up. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for commenting on mine today!!
I love the "1/2"... it's VERY important.
The 1/2 is very important when you ae young, but when you get to be 47, the 1/2 is just a stark reminder that we are getting older!!
Thanks for sharing with us. I love to hear about your sweet kiddos.
Post a Comment