Myles is in God School this week, as he likes to call it. Or Vacation Bible School to the rest of us.
He's having a blast and really looks forward to going.
It's been fun to watch him grow and flourish over the last couple of years. 2 years ago it was just awful to take him. He cried and didn't want me to leave, and I really didn't think he'd last the whole evening.
Last year was much better, still a little nervous, acted a little shy, but seemed much more okay since it's at the same church he goes to preschool. That helped a lot.
This year he seems to be okay with it all. And I'm only judging that based on the fact he told his sister:
Hey Gina. I'm going to God School tonight and you can't come. You can't even come in. No one can. Not even mommy. You're just dropping me off at the front door. But I'll see you later and when I come home I'll come into your room and tell you I'm back.
Yeah, so he seemed alright with it all. I wonder if he'd be happier if I just came to a slow roll, let him hop out and speedily drove away like I have no idea who he is.
The only downside to VBS is that Myles is a very routine oriented person. And it's from 6:30-8:30 every night and he normally goes to bed at 8. It's making for some very, let's say emotional mornings. But hey, I can be emotional if I want to. :)
Tomorrow is the last night and we end with an ice-cream party. Cause there's nothing better than keeping a boy up past his bed time every night for a week, than keeping him up late AND hyping him up on sugar before sending him home.
Good times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is adorable that he calls it God school and I love that he loves going.
Hi there! Thanks for visiting/commenting today! So nice to "meet" you! Love your Hebrews verse too. such a good one!
Thanks for the support from afar with my son... that Sensory stuff is such a crazy thing isn't it? It's always nice to find people dealing with it too, makes me feel so much less alone somehow.
Also, I totally agree with you about the gift card... I was thinking a lotion place, like Bath and Body Works since she's in water all day, every day in the Summer time. Great minds... (grin)
Love your blog too!
Blessings,
Sasha
Oh funny, I just got your last comment on the Mary Kay post.
I have to tell you, that although I still need all that concealer etc. I am actually really liking this Aveeno tinted moisturizer. I have a big reddish tone to my skin as well, so I do understand. I have fair skin, but tried the Medium shade, as i have a little sunless tanner on my face for the summer. It must have something in it that makes your face look more even. I think this is day three, and I needed less of the other stuff to make it look good today. Plus my skin feels softer. I got it for $13.00 at Target. Just thought you'd enjoy the update. :)
Ooh - 8:30 would be late at our home. Hope you adjust quickly.
Hey you ladybug! :) God School is sooooo adorable!!! :)
You need to come by my blog and pick up an award that I have for you!
I'm so glad Myles went to VBS! Or, I'm sorry ~ GOD SCHOOL. :)
Post a Comment