Friday, May 1, 2009

Our week in review

This has been a fun week.

Derrick got home from his TWO WEEK long business trip on Monday!

As of Wednesday, we are under contract on the house again!! It's actually the same guy that had an offer in the first time, but he had to get a different type of loan. I'm hoping this works out. We'll see.

My mom, G-ma, came into town on Thursday and we're looking forward to spending time with her.
Shortly after arriving in town she went to Myles' school for a Mom and Me Tea they were having. Apparently he had juice out of a tea cup. So cute. They had also made cookies for us, and my mom was able to bring me home a cookie and a brownie. Yum. They had also decorated a glass votive holder for us with stickers and he was so proud of it.

I was also able to take mom by our new apartment so she was able to see it. I was glad I could share it with her. It was a pretty crazy evening though as I don't get off work until 5 and we had to be there by 5:45. And, we had people at the house doing some stuff for the selling process and I had to get the dogs put away in our basement. Phew. I think we were all worn out (well, the adults were anyway haha), but we made it. The kids love the apartment. I hope they still feel that way after we move in.

I've also committed to being healthy this week. I have been eating better and even bought Jillian Michael's (The trainer from Biggest Loser) work out vide, the 30 Day Shred.

I've actually already lost 3 lbs since Tuesday. Of course it's easier to lose weight at the beginning when you have a lot to lose.

As a matter of fact, I just turned down a Klondike Bar offered to me at work. Are you so proud? That's definitely a first.

So, we've had a good but busy week. I'm looking forward to the first weekend with daddy home in a couple of weeks, and some girl time with my mom. My mind has been in decoration mode after reading some fun blogs, so I'm hoping to find a few things for the apartment as well.

What do you have planned for the weekend?

1 comment:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Congrats to you - I've been doing The Shred DVD for awhile now. 3 pounds is nothing to balk at!