I haven't blogged in a while, but life has been busy. I'm not even sure where to start with everything.
1. Last Tuesday we took Derrick to the ER as he was in a lot of pain. I knew it had to be bad to ask to go to the hospital. Like most men he has to be feeling REALLY bad to do anything about it. Unfortnately he was sort of brushed off there with little more than a prescription for pain medicine.
2. On Thursday the pain was so bad he had to leave work, and he got into our family doctor. The family doctor got him in to see a specialist the same day, and by friday he was having surgery. It's been sort of a rough recovery for him, but he's feeling a little better and plans on returning to work tomorrow.
3. My brother and SIL were sweet enough to take the kids for us overnight, even though I called them VERY last minute as things were running late and asked them for help. They came to our rescue and the kids ended up having a BLAST!!
3. We have 5 DAYS until we move! I'm getting excited. We have some more packing/cleaning to do, but we're getting close. I'm looking forward to seeing how everything looks once we get it all set up.
4. I forgot how much there is to do when you move. It's crazy how many people we have to notify about our change of address. You forgot how many companies you do business with until you have to call them all.
I think that's about it for now! It doesn't seem like much to type it all out, but I can assure you it's been a lot to actually live. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ally! That's a lot on your plate!!!!! I'm glad that Derrick is doing OK (did I ever tell you that's my father's name). Scary. There is a lot to pack for a move, especially for a house. Make a list...or two.
Oh my gosh! You have the most amazing things happen to you! I'm glad Derrick is doing better-that was scary!
Good luck on the move. It is an exciting time.
Marilyn
I'm so sorry about Derricks surgery! That had to be so scary! Trust me, I know how you feel about the blogging getting behind...I am right there with ya! Moving is a pain, but I think you will be so happy once you get it behind you... It's a fresh start for you!!!
Post a Comment