I no longer have a marching band playing in my head...at least that's what it felt like the last couple of days with all the throbbing and tenderness.
Don't know if it was the Neti Pot, the antibiotics or the sinus medicine I broke down and got as well, but I woke up this morning and could actually lift my head off the pillow without being in pain!
Thank goodness! Because while I didn't feel well enough to actually do anything, it was also driving me crazy not to do anything. Can you relate?
So I think this morning I'm going to get caught up on a couple things around the house and then maybe head out to my new favorite store...Old Time Pottery. I found some STEALS there last week and want to go back to look for a couple more things. Hopefully this time my children act like children and not wild animals like they did last time we were in the store.
What is it about being in a store full of breakable things that brings out the crazies in little people?
And my favorite quotes of the day so far (considering we've only been up a couple of hours):
Myles: "mommy, Jesus told my heart not to be so mean to my sister".
Rather he "gets it" or not, I don't care. Anytime we even think about "not being so mean" is a good thing for me. And I guess for Gina too. lol
Myles:--running in so excited he can barely stand it-"mommy, Gina just did something all by herself. She blew her nose without my help and snot came out. ALL BY HERSELF. Are you so proud? Look at her--she's over there...and she BLEW SNOT. Gina come here and show mommy how you did it!!"
Meanwhile Gina wonders in completely oblivious as to what's going on and hands me a little piece of toilet paper.
Myles picked her up, swung her around and said "I'm so proud of you"!
It's the little things, right? lol
Hopefully this doesn't mean she's getting my cold though. Somehow I don't think she'd let me "neti pot" her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Myles sure does have the sweetest things to say. He is such a proud big brother! He is very bright and from day one could 'read' people. What a mind he has! Gina can be quite the little entertainer and little charmer.
I wouldn't let you do the neti pot on me EITHER!
My hubs does that, and I try... no joke, in the middle of the night to get up to go to the restroom, out runs all this crazy water, and I get choked up!
Darndest thing I ever saw or participated in.
:-)
Yolanda...you made me LOL...I can just envision that.
Post a Comment