Finally....winter is over and my favorite season is here.
We have been enjoying some mild weather this week and have gotten to do some fun things.
Derrick and I took the kids to the playground and he and Myles chased each other, raced the 50 yard dash, and I think there was even some climbing of a teather ball pole. Perhaps.
Myles also went for a ride on his big wheel and thought it'd be fun to bring our dog Max along. Max has become very out of shape over the winter. (Join the crowd, right??) So when Myles hooked Max's leash to the handle bar of his big wheel and took off, Max was huffin and puffin. But it made me giggle. Just the image of it all, not really the dog breathing heavy part.
And yesterday Myles started playing out back again with the girls that live behind us. I'm sorry to say they are not the favorite children I've ever met. I know that sounds awful, but geez louise.
First they were trying to "beat Max up" (what they said) as they poked him with a stick through the fence. Nice.
Then Myles came inside and told me "the girls want me to get them some candy from our house for them".
Yeah...nice try. I don't even share our candy stash with my own children.
And who orders someoene to go get them food when they are still at THEIR OWN HOUSE?
But anyway, I digress.
I'm just so happy that spring is here!
Although Myles said in the car this morning as we were blasting the heat in the 32 degrees temperatures:
"My school said it's going to be spring tomorrow. They're lying...it's freezing. It's not spring. Liars."
But he's not bitter or anything.
Happy Spring, everyone!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Spring! Yes!!! I can't wait to enjoy it in Cincinnati next week!
Happy Spring to you too Ally!
Post a Comment