As I've been reading more and more blogs lately I continue to run across so many heartbreaking stories. People that have lost a spouse, an unborn child, a baby, a child, jobs, houses, etc. It's all just so sad. It makes me wonder, question. And it fills me with fear.
While on one hand seeing the great struggles others are dealing with helps me to realize how blessed I am, and I'm very grateful for that, it's also really taking a toll.
I can't help but to think about the what if's. What if that happened to me/to us? What would I do? Is God trying to prepare me for something that is going to happen in my own life? It's left me feeling a little weighted down, and for those of you that know me, you know I don't need any more help worrying.
I've also noticed today while visiting several blogs that I'm not alone in these feelings. I think a lot of people are also feeling unbelievably saddened by all of the loss...either their own or other people's.
So I wanted to take some time today to do what I was always told to do when I was worrying....
Think Happy Thoughts.
I want to share what I am happy about and what I am thankful for, and I'd love to see all the good things going on for each of you. So let's share!!
I'm so happy that I have two wonderful, happy, healthy children.
I'm so happy I never had to struggle to conceive those children.
I'm happy that I have a wonderful, supportive husband that can always make me laugh---even if I didn't want to. I'm so happy that he "gets me" and balances me out. And I'm really happy that he cooks dinner for us almost every night. :)
I'm happy that we both have jobs that both appear to be very stable.
I'm happy that I can reflect back on the last year and realize how far we've come, and I'm happy that I have so much hope for our future.
I'm happy that I have a family that supports me and is there for me. I've seen the difference a support network can make, especially during times of trial.
I'm so happy that things seem to be slowly but surely falling into place with the sale of our house and transition into an apartment.
I'm happy that I have friends that are just what I need them to be.
I'm happy that my relationship with God has grown so much this year and that I've been able to gain so much strength, comfort, peace, and confidence through that relationship.
I'm happy that we have everything we need...a place to live, food to eat, cars to drive, clothes to wear....so much more than we need.
I'm happy about so many things. Really. This last year I've grown so much, come so far, learned so much, become so much stronger. And I know it's just the start of the plans God has for me.
While I have not been a faithful follower of the Scripture Memory, I have been trying to learn scripture. And the one verse keeps coming up to me in so many places. All through blog land, in my prayers, and oddly enough I even saw it on a sign at Hobby Lobby the other night.
For I know the plans I have for you said the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.
I KNOW that the plans for my life have already been made, and I trust Him completely. The difference from before to now, is that now while I completely realize that things will not always be easy (far from it!!) or go the way I want, thought or planned, I have a sense of peace that comes from the knowledge that He will always be there for me to get me through any tough times, and that knowledge takes the fear of the unknown away.
I really am happy and feel such a sense of hope for our future.
What are you happy about?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Good for you Ally! You are right, there is no better way to get over that fear then to start thinking about how much God has blessed you with and even though it isn't easy, He promises He will always be there! No matter what!
It is neat to see how God is working in your life and I am glad we are "friends"! Praying for you today!
Thanks, Allyson, for making me step back and reflect. You HAVE grown so much these last couple of years, I agree.
It seems like most of us have had trials and tribulations these last few years, either with health, finances, addictions, etc.
It is so nice to have you put a positive spin on things in this crazy, crazy world!
Love you,
I'm happy I know that verse! It was one my daughter had to memorize. I'm also happy to have posts like this to read to put things into perspective and focus on the true purpose. I'm happy my children are healthy and that I have a husband who loves me.
Happy Thursday.
All week long, I've been asking the Lord to give me a scripture out of my bible that I have hi-lighted.
Today as I watch the whales and the crashing of the waves, my Bible fell open to....are you ready for this? God is so dad gum GOOD!!!
For I know the plans I have for you said the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.
Love to you,
Yolanda
Oh Yolanda, I just got the chills!
Post a Comment