Sometimes I think our lives could beat the ratings of any reality TV series. I often think "who else does this stuff happen to?"
It seems like there is lots going on, but I don't even know where to start. So, lots of random, unrelated happenings:
1. I've been feeling much more peaceful and "at ease" since my "moment of clarity". I think I'm getting it. Like the quote dad sent me today: "It's not about waiting for the rain storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain".
2. Everything simple turns chaotic with children involved. Who knew that cutting out shapes, building a fort, taking a walk outside and other simple tasks could all end in tears when the Dynamic Duo is involved. Note that I never said those tears weren't mine.
3. Myles taught Gina to say "hey you!" and I must say it's pretty funny.
4. Myles is still wondering when G-ma is going to pick him up and wonders about how she lives in the sky, even though I continue to explain that she just travels through the sky because Florida is so far away.
5. He refused to call G-ma tonight even though he misses her because I, apparently, am no longer his friend after failing again to fulfill my promise of bringing him to Chuck E. Cheese.
6. I really dislike Chuck E. Cheese. But I will go as a reward for him consistently falling asleep in, and staying in, his own bed.
7. Derrick went out to his car last night to get something and heard something hissing and snarling. He jumped in his car to see a raccoon in the trash up on it's hind legs telling Derrick that he was now the owner of this house. Derrick tried to come in the front door only to find another raccoon doing the same thing to him on the walkway.
8. Derrick spent an hour last night in his car strategizing about how to get in without getting attacked by raccoons.
9. Derrick woke me up last night to tell me about his traumatizing event with a look I will never forget. I did not know someone's eyes could get that big.
10. Me no like raccoons. I can be in denial to a point. Hissing and snarling breaks the season of denial.
11. Upon re-telling the story to a co-worker another co-worker (Josh) hears the story and offers to come over and shoot and/or cage said raccoons.
12. Derrick made his first (and I'm going to venture to say last) trip to the Tractor Supply Store today for a cage
13. Josh found no raccoons in our attic. Not sure if this is good or bad.
14. I wasn't sure if you should laugh or cry when someone is looking in your attic for raccoons. I think I did a little of both.
15 We now have 3 cages set to trap raccoons. Outside. Not in the attic. Just for clarification.
16 I have a feeling we will catch a stray cat. Or maybe the neighbors small dog.
17 It's raining tonight, so I have a feeling the raccoons will stay inside (in OUR house) and the peanut butter in the traps will be washed away.
18I am READY TO MOVE. Ready to move into a new space. A space without raccoons or countless other issues. Ready to have a fresh start and a new season. Ready for a new phase of our journey.
AND.................
19. An unplanned addition to the list.
I just heard a really loud sound. I am not sure what a cage sounds like when it has caught something. But I think I need to go change my pants. And cry a little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a list! I,too, hate raccoons. We have them here (outside) and they are a major pain. You will probably never add this item to your list:
-I am so bored!
Marilyn
Honestly, and I'm sorry to say this at your expense.... this is one of the funniest things I've ever read! Poor Derrick.
#12, Awww Derrick, he tries so hard! LOL
Post a Comment