This morning while checking out all of the new posts on the blogs I follow, I was excited to see that I received an award from a blog friend!
The Honest Scrap Award prompts some thoughts: A) First list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it honest (hence, the award ‘Honest Scrap’), even if you have to dig deep! B) Pass the award on to 8 bloggers that you feel embody the role of the Honest Scrap. (This is an award only to display on your blog that everything you write on it is in truth, sincerity, and integrity.
So, 10 honest things about me.....
1. I have food issues. I am one of the pickiest eaters you will meet. My family teases me that you can probably count on two hands the number of things I will eat...and most are variations of chicken. Ironically though I also have issues with raw meat so cooking my own chicken weirds me out sometimes. AND...I only like boneless chicken...I can't stand eating it bone-in. I know. I know.
2. In addition to the issues mentioned above, I also have a MAJOR sweet tooth. I've never found anything to sweet. I am that person that when we eat cake will take your extra icing. I like the roses and the corner piece. I am crazy addicted to sugar.
3. I struggle with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and also a touch of OCD-mainly with my thinking process. I can worry like nobody's business and always could. Doesn't matter if it hasn't happened yet, might happen, etc. I can worry over it. I remember my mom telling me when I was in elementary school to count to 10 slowly when I was feeling overwhelmed.
4. I have been on a quest to improve my confidence and independence. I'm one of those people that has always worried about what other people think, and usually need several opinions from other people before making a decision. I tend to think that what I have or what I'm doing aren't good enough and constantly compare myself to other people. I also tend to not let people know (besides my husband and chiildren) when they have hurt me, even when it happens over and over again. The Lord has been helping me with these issues immensely. It's amazing how knowing who you are in Christ gives you confidence.
5. I live in the house I grew up in. My husband and I bought it as my parents were ready to leave after about 25 years and move to Florida. Sadly, we will be leaving it soon, but I know it's part of my journey and am slowly becoming excited about what's to come.
6. I have an addiction to soda. I rarely drink anything besides soda., although it's usually diet.
7. I don't eat fruits and vegetables. Never would, even as a baby.
8. I am very competitive by nature when it comes to certain things. I like to do things a little better a little faster, etc. It can be annoying, usually to me-cause no one else is keeping score. haha
9. Both of my kids are named after my parents. My son's middle name is my Dad's first name. And my daughter's first name is a variation on my Mom's first name.
10. My husband and I have gone through some rough times over the last year or so, but God is using those circumstances to call me closer to him and to grow me into the person I was meant to be. The last year has impacted who I am as a person more than any other time in my life, hands down.
Now the tough part. I don't know that I have 8 people I can pass this onto since I don't know many other people in blog land yet. So....if you are reading this, consider yourself tagged.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Those are a great 10! I am with you on the OCD stuff about worrying and with the coke addiction. I can't live without caffeine, and Route 44's from Sonic are my best friend!
I love ya Ally...I miss you so much. I hope we get back to Ohio one day soon...
I'm right there with you with the anxiety (my husband says that I must think of things to worry about), the pop (Coke is my weakness), and worrying about what other people think. I enjoyed reading your list.
Post a Comment