Hard to believe Myles will be 5 tomorrow. Or actually at 1:12 am. January 17th is always the day that I look back on and think "this is the day I spent the ENTIRE day in labor".
I wasn't prepared for that long labor or the eventual c-section, and since he's my first that's never really changed....I never feel prepared for what he's going to do, learn, or say next.
I had no idea how much I would instantly love him, but it's precisely that love that prepares a mother's heart for each new milestone. We learn and grow together, making adjustments along the way. And now, as a mother of two, I realize that it's a learning process for each child since everything you figure out that works for one, will never work for the other.
Having gotten more involved in several blogs lately has made me realize how truly blessed I am to have both of my miracles. So many women out there would give ANYthing to be a mother, and so many others give birth to a baby that they don't get to keep on this earth for long.
It's something we all know and hear about occassionally, but there is something about a blog that makes it so much more real. You get to follow stories day-to-day and almost feel like you're living the joy and sorrow with these women.
It wouldn't be a lie to say that I have shed tears on many days lately not only for some of these women I feel like I've come to know, but also for the grace that God has shown to me even when I wasn't even fully aware of it.
For those of you that know me well, you know that my love for my children is fierce, and it only continues to grow each day.
One of the things I wanted to do in 2009 was to live my life with more joy. That coincides with less worry. And while I've been trying to do that each day, it's nice to have these milestones that pop up occassionally to offer a chance to reflect and remember. To really sit still in my love for my children and for my heavenly father that blessesd me with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Allyson,
You love your children with a passion beyond that of many mothers. Your children are so blessed to have your love to strengthen, guide, and surround them. Each of them is a unique little being, given especially to you by God.
Looking forward to seeing all the Lawary's tomorrow.
Marilyn
I will be there in spirit today...in fact I am sending my guardian angel to the party....see if you can feel her presence. I do believe.
I was remembering how you and I were walking through the mall on January 17 and you asked me to 'slow down or I was going to lap you!"
I remember when you starting having contractions in our hotel room.
I remember Derrick saying there was a 'note from Myles" when you were having such terrible back pain.(when they had you hooked up to the monitor.) Derrick's comment broke the tension and we all giggled.
It did not help that you had Hatilla the Hun has a nurse.
Remember? Give my bestest buddy a hug and kiss from me! Freeze me a piece of cake.
Love ya Myles! YOU will always be my angel!
Gma
(here I go again to fix my make up!)
Post a Comment