Monday, December 1, 2008

What's up in our world

We had a great Thanksgiving, even though we weren't able to make it to St. Louis. We had a quiet family day with lots of good food. We even got our tree put up, which was a lot of fun this year. Myles was very into it and hung almost all of the ornaments himself.
Friday I took the kids over to a friends house and a group of us had pizza, drinks, brownies and played games. I think I must be getting old. lol It was a lot of fun and we all had a great time.
Saturday we all headed downtown to enjoy the Christmas season. We watched people ice skate on Fountain Square, saw the train display, went to the mall and just walked around. It was a lot of fun and not super cold, which made it even more enjoyable.
Unfortunately I had to take Gina to the doctor this morning. She has a (bad) double ear infection and possible strep throat. Poor thing is just miserable and keeps saying "owie". She has the infamous amoxicilin, so hopefully she'll be feeling better in the morning.
Derrick finishes up his training in Madeira tomorrow, and he meets with his boss today to find out which store he goes to next. They are all very spread out, so it may not be any closer, but he likes the change of pace. Hopefully his schedule remains the same, as him being off on Sunday's and Monday's work so well for our family.
I head back to work tomorrow after a long 5 day weekend myself. I guess it'll be good to get in a routine, although I always enjoy my extended breaks.
I think that's all that's happening on our end! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and a good start to the week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me smile when I hear that you all had a fun Thanksgiving weekend!

I am so sorry to hear that Ms. Gina is not feeling so good. Poor little thing.

I can remember that Christmas is your 'favorite' time of year! Remember when you did not want to go to bed on Christmas evening? You used to get very upset that it was 'over'. Memories!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend.... Sounds like you made some great family memories. Glad you got to chat with Tim, but sorry I missed you! Have a terrific day!

Anonymous said...

That sure sounds like a great week-end. I would love to get downtown soon-just how to work that into our schedules is the problem.
Sorry to hear about Gina. Ahh, amoxcillin. Nathan took so much of that I thought he was going to turn pink! Then at 2 he got tubes in his ears and all was well. Hope she is feeling better.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Awww poor Gina! I'm sorry she's feeling so crummy, but I'm glad you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. The older I get the nicer and nicer "Small and Quiet" sounds to me!!