Seems like Christmas day is getting close very quickly! That is a good thing in some ways and a reality check in others.
Our tree has been up since Thanksgiving, our Christmas shopping is now complete, and in fact we already celebrated Christmas with my parents this past weekend and had a great time.
Yet, it still seems like there's so much I want to do. And the bad part about that is, I'm not even totally sure what it is exactly that I want to do.
I just love Christmas and this whole season and really wanted to make the most of it this year....enjoying the whole season and not just awaiting that one day.
We have done some fun stuff, and I know we'll do more, yet it somehow doesn't seem complete.
I almost wish there were more Christmas parties to attend, or lots of family gatherings to look forward to, just to enjoy the fun and spirit of the time. Yet, our routine is largely the same with just work and the normal day-to-day stuff. Maybe that's it. I'm searching for ways to make this time different....more special than all the others.
We have a few fun Christmas traditions, and I think we'll start some others this year. I think those traditions are what everyone really remembers, and what makes this time of year so special.
Everyone I talk to lately either mentions how lucky I am to have kids at the age they are for Christmas or they wish their own kids were young again. There's a certain "magic" to Christmas when young kids are involved. Yet, as a parent, I'm struggling to capture that feeling. It somehow seems unattainable amongst all the other daily needs and routines.
I find myself a little jealous of my friends that are teachers since they get this time off every year...seems like it'd be so much easier to do fun stuff when you're not stuck in the same routine of going to work/the sitters.
Maybe I'm just putting too much pressure on myself though...after all, I do really, really like Christmas. Always have. I just want my children to experience that same joy this time of year can bring.
I wish my parents could stay the whole month, and we could get together with the Kopp's and Smith's so much more often and just hang out, bake, play games and enjoy each other's company.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Traditions are the best! They do make holidays more special! I, too, am sad to leave Cincinnati BUT know that when I/we do come into town we spend SO much quality time together! I have friends that tell me "I see my grand kids more than their folks who are in town!" I will miss you all terribly but look forward to our return in January. I am looking forward to Myles "choclate cake with chocolate icing with his picture on it!"for his birthday. He even made sure I liked chocolate! I always look forward to the one on one time with each grandchild! Myles is a very special boy! Gina is a real princess and I look forward to spending one on one time with her soon!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment