Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm here again!

Every time I go to make a new post and see it's been a while since the last one I think that I really need to make an effort to do this more often and be more consistent.
But I'm giving up on that. This is supposed to be fun, so I'm not going to allow it to be another "chore" to do. I figure I'll post when I can, as I know you all understand.
And really, my life isn't that interesting, so there aren't always new and fun things to share.

My staph infection has taken me out of the game for a while, but I'm on day 6 and feeling a little better. It's still sore, and gets worse as the day goes on since I'm back and work, but much better than what I was.
A co-worker of mine told me she saw a news story about a recent MRSA "outbreak". I believe it!

We're getting ready for Halloween, and I can't wait to post pictures. I just love both of the kid's costumes.
And, as a big kid myself, what's not to love about going door-to-door for candy?
Only problem is, this year Myles is big enough to be aware of how much candy he has and question why so much is missing. And I don't just mean because Derrick and I eat it after they go to bed, although that is also true.
As a sidenote, I have to laugh when I sneak something I don't want the kids to have when they are sleeping and I'll hear Myles get up after a while and walk down the hall. Don't you know I hide it in the couch and chew real quick? It's like when you were a kid and tried to hide it from your parents, only now I'm hiding it from my kids.
Anyway, I digress. I have decided this year that I have to get rid of the Halloween candy as quickly as possible as I don't even want to hear the constant whining and begging for candy. I intended to bring it into work (and maybe even share it....just kidding)...but I know he'll be on to it. I just don't know if I care yet or not.
I'm thinking of letting him trade his candy for a toy or book or something. But he is my kid. That may not be a good switch. lol
We're keeping TOT short this year though, which could be a good thing. Our church is having a harvest party that starts at 7, and we're looking forward to that.
Everything else is going good. Derrick is still really enjoying Bruegger's and continues to work about 70-75 hours a week, with the longest days on Tuesday and Wednesday, but at least for right now it works.

Oh...a couple of funny's to share before I go. Myles is trying to spread his love of "blue pants" with Gina. He now begs for her to be able to wear them too. I let him pick out her outfit today, and when she was dressed he said "Gina, you look fabulous".
I was laughing too hard to be scared of the fact my boy said "fabulous".

I've shared with you all multiple times about Gina's love for a good baby wipe. Cindy has to hide them at her house as she tries to be sneaky and take them if she's not looking.
So anyway, we were discussing Christmas with each other (I know, I know) and deciding if we were going to do a gift exchange with the kids. I told her Gina is at a hard age to buy for because how many dolls does one girl really need, ya know?
Cindy said, "I already decided I'm just getting her a 5 pack of wipes".

Too funny.
She was kidding of course, but she'd actually probably like it better than anything else we'll get.

Those kids. They are nothing if not entertaining.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Gina you look fabulous" I am rolling Ally!!! I can totally see him saying that! How awesome is that! He and Eli are two peas in a pod; he once told a waitress that our dinner was "scrumptious" never mind you that we were at Denny's!!!! I'm glad you are feeling better; although I'm sorry it's not healing at a faster rate. Hang in there girly...

Anonymous said...

Hey Ally!

Glad you're feeling better! What an unusual thing to go through. I couldn't believe when Tim told me.

I wouldn't sweat the candy too much. If we let our kids eat all of it, they'd either be sick or so looped up on sugar we would have a crazy house on our hands. I love the idea of taking it to work. I may send ours off with Tim. I just cannot have that much loot in the house. No willpower on my part.

Myles must get his love of blue pants from Aunt Kim. Seriously. I wear nothing other than jeans. Not necessarily fashionable. But comfy. :)

Have a great day!!!
Hugs,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Great post....seems like our family all has a sweet tooth...except me...I am in to "whole grain fresh bread" and real 'butter'....Kim????

I will eagerly await the Halloween pictures being posted.