Friday, August 15, 2008

TGIF

It's the end of a long, but productive week, and I'm looking forward to the weekend.
Derrick got a lot accomplished on the job search front and we're just feeling more confident everyday that our time is coming.
He's been super busy all week and has had very long days between interviews, appointments, and working, but he's home with the kids today, and I'm sure they'll have a good time.
Last week they went to the mall to hang out and play. We'll see if today holds any adventures for them.
He is trying to suffer through the pain he's having right now associated with two roots in his mouth being exposed. He goes on Monday to get them pulled. I feel bad for him because I know it's painful, and there's not a lot he can do about it.
Myles' swim lessons wrapped up this week. He did really well and seemed to really enjoy them. We'll probably try to get him signed up for something else at the Y soon.
Gina is still just Gina. She has mastered the work MINE. She also has the role of annoying little sister down pat. She has to do everything Myles does, play with everything he wants to play with, eat everything he eats, etc. Of course she wouldn't want anything to do with it if he didn't have it, but that's the annoying part.
She is obsessed with baby wipes and everytime we change her she reaches for one and says "my wipe". Of course she just wants to drop it on the floor and then ask for another one.
This morning I caught her with her shampoo bottle. I took it from her and said "yuck". She actually had the nerve to swipe at me and say "mine"! She then saw her cup, which she calls a "bubby" (don't ask) sitting there and said very sassily, "MY bubby". She's a little girl with a big attitude.
I'm looking forward to hopefully a relaxing weekend with the family. If it ever starts...this day is dragging by so far!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, hope you have a nice weekend and can decompress somewhat. I agree Myles has come a long way as far as the water and trying new things in general! Please tell him that Gma is very proud of him.

As for Gina, I think she will be the typical little sister. It is a good thing that Myles is so proud of her.

I hope Derrick gets some relief sometime soon with his dental needs.

Please promise me that you take care of YOU and each other!

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Ally!

So fun chatting with you today. And, I can't wait for all of our fun ideas to get flowing!!!! Have a super great start to the weekend.

With love and hugs,
Kim