Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fun Fourth of July

We had a great day with the kids. I have lots of pictures, but can't upload them on this camera, so those will have to wait.
But, we went to the Springdale Family Fun Fourth of July.
They had food and a petting zoo and pony rides (which I didn't figure out until they were closing) and tons of booths with face painting, tatoos, baloon animals, cariactures, etc and a huge inflatable slide and a bounce house.

Myles first asked to get his face painted. I figured he'd get up there and bail out, as he's never let anyone do it before. But he didn't...he sat through the whole thing and got a huge star around his eye and some smaller stars on his cheek. He loved it. Gina got some little stars too, she was so cute.

He attempted the huge slide, but as he went to climb up the middle part to get to the top, he heard and felt the fan that keeps it inflated blowing, and he bailed. But that was okay. He then asked to do the bounce house, which shocked me. He'd never go in before. But he did. I have pictures of that too.

He was even willing to take a pony ride, but they closed it for the night right as it was to be his turn. I was just glad he was willing.

We then went to get ready for the fireworks, but they started about 20 minutes late. We had decided to head back to the car as we could see them from there, and we were all getting antsy, and it was late. It turned out to be a good decision. We sat on the hood of the car and had a perfect view. And Myles loved it. Loud noises and all. He's still talking about it. And Gina was hysterical. She just kept pointing and saying "woah" "wow". On the way home, Myles was asleep before we pulled out of the parking lot, but Gina stayed up the whole time, just looking around. That girl is gonna be a party animal.

Oh...and we also decided to go to Goodwill that day just to look around. I found Myles a new pair of "blue pants" (yes, he's still wearing them, even in the middle of the summer) with an adjustable waist that are perfect. And I also found a pair of size 11 (a huge feat anywhere...pun intended) Tommy Hilfiger black loafers for myself. They look brand new and were only three dollars! Yay! Gotta love a bargain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic
4th of July!

I am so happy that Myles is enjoying new stuff to do! I can just envision Gina being so fascinated with the fireworks.

Congrats on your good 'finds' at Goodwill!