Sunday, May 11, 2008

A couple sweet moments to remember:

Yesterday we rented a truck from Budget rental trucks, much to Myles delight. As the kids and I waited in the car for Derrick to complete the paperwork, Myles looked around and asked which truck we were going to get.
I pointed out the rental truck parked directly in front of us, and he said "that one? We're gonna get the "B" truck"? I had to smile as he noticed the word Budget on the truck. My sweet boy, so proud he recognizes his letters, couldn't wait for us to take home the "B" truck.
As we were getting ready for church this morning, Myles saw Derrick shaving. Myles asked if he could have "some shave". As I watched Derrick rub shaving cream on Myles' face and wipe it off stroke by stroke with a wash cloth, I wanted to get my camera to take a picture, but it was too sweet to walk away. They were both so happy.
Then, realizing we must be going somewhere, Myles said "Are we going to get a "B" truck again today? :)

Gina has learned to say no by shaking her head back and forth. It doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but for some reason she can crack all of us up when we ask her a question and her little head full of curls shakes back and forth. It's just so cute. That girl has some looks that could make a grown man cry.

Myles asked her if he could have a kiss, and like a true girl, she shook her head back and forth to say "no". Myles laughed and said "mommy, she's a-larry-ous". Hearing that made me crack up. Yes, Myles, she is hillarious. That's one mispronunciation I just can't correct yet.

These are the moments that seem too few and far between when we get caught up in the details of life. But when we actually allow ourselves to slow down and enjoy our lives instead of just going through the motions to get *through* each day, we can recognize and cherish these moments as they happen.

Thank you God for making me a mother. I often say to people "I love my kids more than you can imagine". But I can't say that to you. Not only can you imagine how much I love them, you know *exactly* how much. And you love me, your child, even more.
Thank you God for your love and for providing us with a day to slow down and enjoy some sweet moments together as a family. Please continue to draw me closer to you so that I may not only learn more about you, but so that I can also teach my children about you. I hope that by the time my children are my age they know you infinitely better than I do now.

Hope you all had a good day also!
Ally

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is why I love journaling and wish I had been diligent at it my entire life.... the moments you describe are the ones so easily forgotten but so much a treasure.

Give Myles and Gina a big hug from Aunt Kim. Those stories make me want to snuggle with them right now!