Monday, January 19, 2009

Not quite the way I had hoped to spend the day

Well, after hoping all week that Myles would be healthy enough for his birthday party, I woke up in the middle of the night with the stomach virus that's been going around. I was so sad and disappointed to have to cancel his party. Although I'm a little happy no one had to see the cakes I made. They were NOT cute. And the fact the oven isn't working right didn't help.
Derrick ended up taking him to the mall to play and to Target to pick out a toy and they went bowling as well, just the two of them. Myles had a great time, and I was glad he at least got to bowl, even if it wasn't with all of his friends.
I'm feeling better today, thank goodness. This bug has been making it's rounds lately, and the only upside is that it seems to be short lasting. Unfortunately, Derrick started with it last night.
He did go to work today, although I'm not sure how or if that was even a good idea, but without any vacation time yet there wasn't much choice. Poor guy.
I think Gina is now getting it as well, so we'll see. I'm thinking there's a chance I'm going to be home from work with her tomorrow.
We have a showing on the house tonight (figures, huh) so I think I'll take Myles to go get some balloons and maybe some cupcakes. I ordered him a short from Stacey's website (www.creativeleighyours.com) that I love, so I have to get some pictures of him in that as well.
Hope to catch up with all of you soon once everyone is healthy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart just sank when I heard you had the 'bug'. I know how excited Myles was to have his bowling party BUT it sounds like daddy came to the rescue and Myles had a special day. I am glad you are feeling a bit better.

I sure do hope that Derrick and Gina get a mild case of the flu, if they do get it.

Hopefully Myles will want to celebrate his birthday again the end of March when I am in town?