Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hair Victory!

Well, I'm happy to announce we finally have a victory when it comes to Gina's hair. The girl has more weapons in her hair arsenol than most grown women do, yet her hair is still a little...shall we say....crazy.

The day after Christmas I took her into Sally's with bed head and everything so they could see her hair in all it's glory, and when the nice sales lady said "May I help you"? I turned Gina around so she could see the back of her head and said "yes...please tell me how to fix this". She laughed and told me that she thought her hair was beautiful (do they work on tips??) and led me to a product specifically designed for bi-racial hair.
I was a little scared this was just going to be one more product to add to the collection of things that don't work, but when she assured me I could exchange it for something else if I didn't like it, I was sold!!
And I love it!! It gives her her curl back and keeps it from being, as the nice sales lady called it, "fuzzy".
Now we just have to hope it grows a little longer at some point before she's off to school. Unfortunately for her, as much as it grows it just curls right up and doesn't look any longer.
I am already dreading those teenage days with her. I think she's gonna be giving us a little heck for the amount of work it takes. Can you hear it now???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so eager to hear what they recommended for Gina's hair! I have the same problem...my hair grow 'up' on top instead of down. My stylist has called it the 'rooster look'.

I can't wait to see pictures of Gina's new 'do!'

Anonymous said...

I love Gina's hair! I couldn't keep my hands off it when we were there! But, in all fairness, I don't have to deal with it everyday. I can't wait to see her new "do." Yes, she is going to be a lot of fun as a teen-ager! We had so much fun with them!
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

A) I LOVE Gina's Hair!!!

B) Where are the pics of the before & after???

C) Give her a big hug from Aunt Kim.

:)