Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Meet the Teacher

We had Myles' Meet the Teacher last night for preschool. His teacher is Mrs. Stromenger, and the aide is Mrs. Hubbard. He seemed to do well, maybe just a bit shy and akward. I had to bring Gina with me though and she loved it. She is the opposite of Myles socially.
It's a bit overwhelming with all the paperwork we received and feeling like there is so much to do, but I think it'll be good for him to get back on track. He goes for one hour on Thursday, and then from 12:30-3 every Tuesday and Thursday.
I can't believe it's the last year before Kindergarten!! And really, if it wasn't for his late birthday, he'd already be there. Time goes so fast.

Cheyenne, Cindy's daughter, lost her first tooth over the weekend and starts Kindergarten this Friday. It was a big (and sort of sad) week for Cindy. And the fact she's only 6 months older than Myles is a reality check to me. When they were babies 6 months seemed like so much, but not now.

The teachers did have a little "gift bag" for each of the kids with a pencil and note pad and his favorite...bubbles...so that was a big hit. He's already been for a year, so I don't know why it's making me nervous...I feel like it's my first day of school all over again. New school years always did make me nervous...I guess it's no different now that I'm the parent.

A silly story about last night...mom had asked Myles to call him when he got home. So he knows how to do that by himself now because her number is programmed as a speed dial in my cell phone. Well, Mom was away from her phone, so dad answered.

Myles got the most disappointed look on his face and said "I didn't call you" and hung up. Not nice, I know....but sort of funny the way it happened. No one can replace his G-ma. Not even Grandpa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, dad told me Myles said "Hey I don't want to talk to you...I want my Gma! He was quite proud of himself for eating the blueberry muffins yesterday too!

I know Myles will do great in preschool. It will be a nice 'phase' in to kindergarten.

Cheyenne...losing a tooth...it seems a bit early to me? I have a feeling she will enjoy kindergarten so much and tell Myles all about it!

I seem to remember that Quentin had a bit of adjustment to preschool...Kim...???Now he is quite the talker and so outgoing so things do change.

As for Lauren and Gina, I can see that they are the social butterflies....which is good....