Monday, September 1, 2008

A conversation with Myles

Myles: (totally out of the blue) How long was I in heaven with God before I was born?
Me: I don't know, Myles.
Him: Why don't you ever know anything?
M: Because you ask complicated questions for a four year old. Maybe we'll just have to ask God when we get to see him again some day.
H: I need to go talk to God now.
M: Why is that?
H: I need to tell him to quit making it rain on me.
M: Well, it's not just about you, sweetie. That's his way of watering things and making sure they grass and trees and flowers have enough water.
H: Why, so they can grow?
M: yes, exactly.
H: Well, why do you want it to grow? Everytime the grass grows daddy just has to cut it.

And that, my friends, is the simple logic of a four-year old!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorableness!

Anonymous said...

Is that a real word? If not, I'm creating it bc I feel it fits this story perfectly! :)

Anonymous said...

Myles always does thing 'out of the box' but that is a very good thing! Just wait until he is 12...guess we have to have Quentin start answering the questions~adorableness IS a word in my dictionary, Kim!

Anonymous said...

This reminds me so much of my kids-particularly Nathan. He seemed to have an unending array of questions that were close to impossible to answer.
Emily, well she just sat very quietly absorbing everyting, then out of the blue made a statement that, in her mind, summed it all up and answered any possible questions about the matter.
Please be sure to write these things down somewhere. You think you will never forget, but, believe me, you do.
Yes, your kids are filled with adorableness!
Marilyn