You might want to go outside and see if pigs are flying....did *I* actually run out of things to say? lol
The kids and I went to church today and it was quite a sad and emotional sermon. Larrry is leaving the church, and today he was talking quite a bit about it and saying part of his "good bye". He starting crying at the end, and I can never stand to see a man cry...gets me every time.
However, recently I/we have thought about finding a new church, but Derrick was always very hesitatnt as he is so loyal to Larrry. When Derrick got so ill a few years back and Larry came to the hospital to check on him, that meant the world to Derrick. He's never wanted to leave JW because of him.
So while I am very sad to see Larrry go, I do think it's another form of God talking to me. I think I need to find a new church home with more couples with young children. We plan on visiting a couple and hope to find one we love.
I keep getting hit with this message of living in the season. Kim, it's obviously what your blog is about, and you have the bible verse on there as well. It's also what we studied about at church today. It's funny how sometimes you get bombarded with the same message, but you're still not sure exactly what to DO about it. Maybe there isn't anything for me to actually "do"...or maybe I'm just a little slow on the uptake. Regardless, we actually said a prayer about starting new beginnings, the fear we feel as we face them, and the lack of faith we have in God as he leads us on those journey's. I couldn't help but thinking of Derrick's job search and the fear and anxiety it brings me. Why can't I just have faith that God will never leave me or forsake me and to trust in his plan for me? And why do I think somehow that worrying and wondering about it is going to make things better??
The weather this weekend has been cold and rainy, so I've felt sort of stuck inside. After church we did go to Target for a diaper run, but that was about it. Myles asked me if he could get something to eat. I asked him what he wanted, and he said "popcorn". I told him that we have popcorn at home. He said, but that popcorn is yucky...this popcorn will taste much better. lol He's quick on his feet. Although, sadly, just like me he does already much prefer eating out than at home.
Little Gina doesn't seem to be feeling the best today. She's kind of clingy and fussy and feels a little warm. I have an odd feeling it's an ear infection as she's been congested the last few days. It's good timing for once though as we have her 18 month well check scheduled for tomorrow. Well, it may not be so much a "well check" this time, but at least it's already scheduled. 18 months. Can you believe it?? I so clearly remember walking her around the hospital hallways, so proud of my sweet girl.
She's really starting to love on her dolls and is becoming attached to her blanket. She loves giving and getting kisses and hugs. Right now she's walking around with a push toy that makes a lot of noise and is loving driving everyone crazy with it.
I'm also feeling a little sad that tomorrow is the first Monday we won't be going to a scheduled therapy appt for Myles. But I just got an awesome email from Megan, his OT, and she gave me lots of ideas and suggestions and offered to stay in touch. And her best suggestion...a timer for transitions. Marilyn, I know you can appreciate this one. Instead of just "one more minute" or "let me talk" the goal is to set a timer so he can visually see how much time is left. She recommended a couple that are supposed to be great for just this purpose, so we'll see.
He has found a new past time that we both enjoy. He loves brushing my hair. And it's not something I'll ever stop him from doing. I love having my hair played with, so I'm always happy to oblige. The scary thing is he also loves to do Gina's hair, and would rather look at "beautiful dresses" in the store than boy clothes. I think he's been around too many girls his whole life. lol
Hope you all have a great rest of the night. I'll keep you posted on Gina's appt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Ally,
If it makes you feel any better, it has cooled off here too! Enjoy the kiddos...they will be grown before you know it!
I can remember when YOU and Tim went to John Wesley! Remember Joy Stover?
I agree sometimes 'things do happen for a reason'. I don't think there are any coincidences!
I think we all have to be 'smacked in the face' sometimes to 'learn what we are supposed to out of a situation?
Keep me posted with Gina. Hoping she feels better soon!
Love,
Mom
Ally, I'm so excited for all the positive changes in store for you. With a leap of faith and lots of elbow grease, I know you will be blessed. You have such a beautiful heart and spirit. Know that and remember how strong you are. ALL things are possible with Christ for those who BELIEVE!
Sending you love,
Kim
Hey Ally - I can so empathize with your church dilemma. We had come to that point and finally did change churches a few weeks back. Young couples and small children are so important to have around us, because surrounding others with the same values and ages do so much to keep us uplifted and focused on the right things. It is hard taking that step, but it is so worthwhile. Something I wanted to tell you too...I know that in the midst of trying times, we look at a situation as a whole. You are looking at Derrick's job situation and changing churches and a lot of other things as a huge upheaval in your family. Just remember to take tiny steps. One step at a time, one thing at a time, one day at a time.
With this move it's so easy to get myself freaked out. But I just keep reminding myself that all I have to do tomorrow is get some forms signed on base and then tomorrow worry about the next day. I know it's easy to look at the entire situation and feel lost, but just remember that God is in charge of everything, and He is truly there, so let him bear the weight of the "bigness" of the situation and you guys just deal with things one step at a time. ((Hugs)) I miss you...
Wow...there were a lot of run-on sentences in that...sorry!
Post a Comment